MPBIM has an excellent Library and Information Center for its Students and Faculties. The library has a comprehensive collection of literature predominantly related to Management and its Allied Subjects to meet the present and future information needs of its users. The library has subscribed leading Corporate Databases such as Capitaline Plus Database, Proquest and EBSCO. Library's activities are computerized using Library automation “KOHA”
e-JOURNALS SUBSCRIPTION AVAILABLE, apart from the existing Journals.
Infrastructure and Arrangement:
The library is well lit by natural lighting making available comfortable seating arrangement and tables. The library provides uninterrupted Internet connectivity of 4 mbps through its Wi-Fi enabled systems, OPAC search facilities. Away from the disturbance of traffic, the ambience encourages the library users to get a good reading experience.
Arrangement of books is in standard format by using Dewey decimal classification scheme. The library is extended to the 2nd floor for reference section.
- Strict silence, decorum and discipline must be maintained in and around the library.
- Students should produce Institute ID Card and while entering the library they should enter their names in the gate register.
- Books must be returned on or by due dates. An overdue charge of Rs.5.00 per day/book will be charged for the books returned after the due date. Absence and illness are not acceptable excuses for exemption from paying an overdue charge.
- Each student can borrow four books for a period of 15 days.
- The borrower is fully responsible for the books borrowed in his/her account.
- A book may be renewed any number of times provided there is no reservation placed on the book.
- Borrowers are responsible for loss or damage to the books so borrowed, the borrowers shall be required to replace the book with a new copy or pay double the cost of the book. Serious action shall be taken on any violation of this rules.
- While returning books to the library, members should ensure that their books are duly discharged.
- The library has institutional membership with following Institute libraries. Users request for access card and access the library.
- USAGE OF CELLPHONE IS PROHIBITED.
- Users should fully cooperate with the library staff. In case of any need they should meet the Librarian.
- Journals shall not be issued for reference outside the library.
- Reference books, Journals, question papers and bound copies will not be issued from the library.
- All the periodicals are arranged according to alphabetically order from A to Z of the titles. The latest issue will be at the top of the Display Rack and old issues will be in the respective drawers.
The main objective of MPBIM Library is to disseminate the required information to its users by providing excellent resources. The collection is constantly updated by recommendation/ suggestions from faculty and resource persons for the procurement of the Books, CD’S, Periodicals etc. The links for downloading the recommendation forms will be provided shortly.
Library is open all days of the year, except government holidays
- Keeping in mind that a library is a place of individual study and research, members should maintain an atmosphere of dignity, peace, and silence within the library premises.
- Suggestions for purchasing books and improving the library services are welcome.
- Members are requested to handle all the Library materials with utmost care. Mutilation, writing, scribbling, marking, cutting the pages are acts that will be severely dealt with.
- Eating food and drinking beverages is not allowed inside the library.
- Keep the library clean. Use the dustbins kept in the library to deposit any waste materials.
- Loss of Institute Identity card should be reported to the Librarian immediately. A duplicate card can be issued on payment of Rs.50/-.
- Personal belongings such as bags, books, printed materials are not allowed inside the library. The library does not accept the responsibility for loss or damage of personal belongings, those can be put in the property counter kept at the entrance of the library.
- Do ask library staff for help in any situation. Don’t hesitate! We’re for you.
LIBRARY TIMING :
Monday to Friday – 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Saturday – 9.00 am – 1.30 pm
Monday to Friday between 9.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. and Saturday between 9.30 a.m. to 12.00 noon only.
Library Staff Directory
Manjula M, Librarian : 080-42772000, Extn- 143
Somashekhar Deputy Librarian : Extn- 143
Library Usefull Links
Ignou Repository : http://www.egyankosh.ac.in/
IIM Calcutta : http://www.iimcal.ac.in/
IIM Ahmedabad : http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/
IIM Bangalore : http://www.iimb.ernet.in/library
IIM Lucknow : http://www.iiml.ac.in/
IIM Kozhikode : http://www.iimk.ac.in/
IIM Indore : http://www.iimidr.ac.in/iimi/
IIM Shillong : http://www.iimshillong.in/
IIM Rohtak : http://www.iimrohtak.ac.in/
IIM Ranchi : http://www.iimranchi.ac.in/
IIM Raipur : http://www.iimraipur.ac.in/
IIM Tiruchirapalli : http://iimtrichy.ac.in/
IIM Udaipur : http://iimu.ac.in/
IIM Kashipur : http://www.iimkashipur.ac.in/
All India Management Association : http://www.aima.in/