Research Activities at MPBIM
Research Activities at MPBIM
MPBIM has a Management Research Centre viz., Bhavan’s Management Research Centre (BMRC) affiliated to Manipal University set up vide notification number F.9-8/59-U dated 3rd June, 1993.
The Institute creates an environment where the scientific methods are involved in the process of solving commonly encountered problems thus ensuring that the students imbibe the essence of scientific method in his/her outlook, and uses it in his everyday life and career.
The centre caters to Scholars not only from MPBIM but also from other institutions. Besides BMRC, some of the faculty members are pursuing their PhD programmes at other Universities also.
MPBIM also lays emphasis on publications of research papers in refereed journals with good impact factor besides its own publication ‘Dharana’ which is a ‘double blind refereed’ Business Journal. This is in addition to the papers presented at various Conferences & Symposia by the faculty and students
Dr. N S Viswanath, Director and Principal, is a recognized guide of Manipal University and Symbiosis International University, Pune. Many scholars from MPBIM and outside pursue their research at the Management Research Centre of MPBIM.
The following scholars have successfully completed Ph.D:
- Sri. V Ammineedu: Director Personnel, BEL, Leadership effectiveness and styles in relation to personality characteristic- An exploratory study. Ph.D awarded by Manipal University during 2008.
- Smt. Vimala Parthasarathy, Associate Professor, Sikkim Manipal University : Social Marketing Strategies of successful NGOs. A strategic perspective with reference to selected NGOs in the State of Karnataka & Tamil Nadu. Ph.D awarded by Manipal University – 2013.
- Prof.Padmalatha N.A. Asst. Professor, Dayanand Sagar College of Management, Impact of Information Technology on Power Management in Karnataka with special reference to KPCL.
PhD awarded by Symbiosys International University - 2014
Competency based corporate e-learning systems – an Analytical study of select corporate enterprise in Bangalore.
PhD awarded by Symbiosys International University – 2014
- Prof. Deepak R
Security Returns Spectrum – An Analysis of Seasonality and sensitivity of Indian stock markets. Ph.D awarded by Manipal University – 2014.
Strategies for Sustenance of market share: a study of operating system products.Ph.D awarded by Manipal University – 2014
- Prof.Hemanth Kumar Asst. Professor, MPBIM
Impact of Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic Advertisement Appeals on Brand Identity,Recognition and Recall – a diagnostic study. PhD programme at Gulbarga University. 2016
- Prof.Rohini G Shetty
Women Leadership- A Study of Select Women Leaders in the IT Sector in Bangalore City.Ph.D awarded by Manipal University – 2016
- Ms.Sandhya Rani S.R. Senior DGM Bharat Electronics Limited
The application of Total Quality Management (TQM) in ‘Not for Profit Organisations’ with special reference to AkshayaPatra Foundation in India” under the guidance of Dr. T V Raju Director RVIM, Bangalore
Ph.D awarded by Manipal University - 2017
- Prof.Arun Mudhol, Director and Dean at Don Bosco School of Management
Unique identification its implication for human resource development in India.
Ph.D awarded by Manipal University -2017
- Sri. M J Subramaniam Former Bank Manager, Syndicate Bank, Bangalore
Title: Employer Motivation – PhD awarded by AnnaUniversity,Chennai.
- Prof. N V Badi PhD Awarded by Aligarh Muslim University